The European Liberal Forum asbl (ELF), the political foundation of the ALDE Party, is recruiting a full-time Policy and Research Coordinator to join its secretariat in Brussels.
ELF is the political foundation of the ALDE Party. Together with 46 member organisations, it works all over Europe to bring new liberal ideas into the political debate, to provide a platform for discussion and to enable citizens to make their voices heard. Through its activities, it promotes a free, open and future-oriented liberal Europe.
Policy and Research Coordinator
- Identify and monitor relevant policy developments;
- Conduct research into different policy areas and draft documents as needed;
- Develop concepts for publications and work on their implementation;
- Coordinate publication projects with our Member Organisations;
- Edit publications of Member Organisation and coordinate the peer review process;
- Assist in the preparation of materials and resources for engagement with policymakers, regulators, and lawmakers;
- Prepare regular internal newsletter on European policy developments;
- Coordinate the work of the research fellows.
- Relevant Master’s Degree in Political Sciences, Economics, Business, Sociology or related disciplines;
- At least 4 years experience in political parties, policy development and/or research, or think tanks;
- Prior research experience will be considered an advantage;
- Organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload;
- Proactive self-starter, able to work both independently and in a team;
- Fluent English. Knowledge of French and/or German an asset;
- Proven writing skills, ideally journalistic, or academic experience;
- Affinity for liberal ideas.
Our offer: ELF is offering a permanent contract with extra-legal benefits under Belgian labour law with a competitive negotiable salary, depending on experience
Ideal starting date: as soon as possible.
Please apply directly on LinkedIn