28 October 2021 | 11.30 – 13.00 CEST (followed by lunch from 13.00 to 14.00 CEST) | Leopold Brussels Hotel & Zoom
Through a series of 3 events focused on Rule of Law and performance mechanisms issues, ELF aims to find solutions and create a publication that will serve the policy and decision-makers in their fight to save the EU project.
After looking into the Cooperation Verification Mechanism in Bulgaria and Romania and the Rule of Law Mechanism put in place by the European Commission for all EU member states to respect our common values, it is time to assess the European institutions themselves. Taking a step back to assess the Rule of Law situation is the opportunity to see if European Institutions apply their own principles.
With a public panel under Chatham House Rule, ELF creates a safe and open space to assess these developments and keep the discussion going.
- Moritz Körner, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe Group
- Pola Cebulak, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Amsterdam
- Markus Spoerer, Policy Adviser & Member of Cabinet of the European Ombudsman
Nicholas Aiossa, Deputy Director, Head of policy and advocacy, Transparency International EU
Moderated by Chris Powers, Director of Communications, Euractiv.
- 11h – 11h30 Registration and welcome participants at the venue
- 11h30 – 13h A Europe of Values 3: Checks and balances in the European Institutions event
- 13h – 14h Lunch